1.    Checking in on someone who lives in the affected area:

问候在火灾区的朋友们:

2.    Expressing sympathy to someone who has lost their home:

对失去房屋的朋友表示同情:

3.    Offering support to someone who’s been evacuated:

对被疏散的朋友提供帮助:

4.    Talking to someone who is a first responder or firefighter:

问候在一线救援的消防员等人员:

5.    Talking to someone who is unsure about evacuation plans:

问候有可能会被疏散的朋友:

6.    Following up after the wildfires are under control:

火灾控制住后对朋友的关心:

Checking in on someone who lives in the affected area:

A:Hi …, I just heard about the wildfires in your area. Are you and your family safe?

我刚听说你所在的区域发生了野火。你和你的家人还好吗?

B:Thanks for checking in. We’re safe for now, but it’s been really stressful.

谢谢关心。目前我们很安全,就是压力大。

A: I can only imagine how tough this must be. Do you have everything you need right now? Is there anything I can do to help?

我明白,肯定很煎熬。你现在需要什么东西吗?有没有什么我可以帮忙的?

B:Thanks, we’re okay for now, but I’ll let you know if we need anything.”

谢谢,目前我们还好,但如果有需要我会告诉你

A:Please do. I’m here if you need someone to talk to or any kind of support.”

一定要告诉我。我随时都在这里支持你。

 

Expressing sympathy to someone who has lost their home:

A: Hi…, I just heard the news about your home. I’m so sorry for what you’re going

through. I can’t imagine how hard this must be.

我刚听到你家的消息。太难了。我无法想象这有多么困难。

B: Thank you. It’s been really overwhelming, but we’re just trying to take it one day at a time.

谢谢。现在真的手忙脚乱,只能过一天算一天了。

A: If there’s anything I can do to help, whether it’s finding temporary housing, donating supplies, please let me know.

如果有任何我能帮忙的地方,无论是寻找临时住房还是捐赠物资,请一定告诉我。

B: I appreciate that so much. Right now, we’re figuring things out, but I’ll definitely keep you in mind.

我非常感激。目前我们正在理清状况,但我一定会记得你的好意。

A: Take all the time you need. I’ll check in again soon.

慢慢来,不着急。我过一阵子会再联系你。


Offering support to someone who’s been evacuated:

A: Hi…, I heard you had to evacuate because of the fires. Are you staying somewhere safe right now?

我听说你因为大火不得不撤离。你现在在安全的地方吗?

B: Yes, we’re staying with my wife's parents. It’s been chaotic.

是的,我们暂住在我岳父岳母家。情况有点混乱。

A: I’m glad to hear you’re safe. Do you need anything—clothes, food, or help coordinating anything?

你们安全我就放心了。你需要什么东西吗?衣服、食物,或者需要帮助协调什么事情?

B: Thank you, but we’re okay for now. It’s just a lot to process.

谢谢,但目前我们还好。只是有很多事情需要消化。

A: I can imagine. If you need help with anything, even just someone to talk to, I’m here.

我能想象。如果你需要任何帮助,甚至只是找人聊聊,我都在这里。

 

Talking to someone who is a first responder or firefighter:

A: Hi …, I just wanted to say how much I admire the work you’re doing to fight these fires. It’s incredible and so appreciated.

我想说我非常钦佩你们为扑灭这些大火所做的工作。非常令人敬佩。

B: Thank you. It’s been challenging, but we’re doing our best.

谢谢。这次火灾很重,我们正尽力而为。

A: I can only imagine how exhausting it must be. Is there anything you need or anything I can do to support you?

我想都知道肯定很累。你需要什么东西吗?或者有什么我可以做来支持你?

B: Thanks, but just knowing that people appreciate the work that we do means a lot.

谢谢,但知道有人感谢我们的工作就已经意义重大了。

A: Well, you have my deepest gratitude. Stay safe out there, and I’ll be keeping you and your team in my prayers/thoughts.

我对你们表示最深的感谢。外出时注意安全,我会为你和你的团队祈祷(惦记着)。


Talking to someone who is unsure about evacuation plans:

A: Hi …, I know the fires are near your area. Did you get evacuation orders?

我知道火灾离你们那儿很近。你们收到撤离通知了吗?

B: Not yet, but we’re keeping an eye on the updates.

还没有,但我们一直在关注最新消息。

A: That’s good. Do you have a bag packed just in case, or a place to go if you need to leave?

那就好。你有没有准备好行李以防万一,或者需要撤离的话有没有地方可以去?

B: Not really. I guess we should start thinking about that.

还没有。我想我们应该开始考虑这个了。

A: Definitely. You can always come to my house if you need a place to stay.

当然。如果你需要住的地方,可以随时来我家。


Following up after the wildfires are under control:

A: Hi …, I was thinking about you. How are things going now that the fires are under control?

我一直想着你呢。现在火灾已经得到控制,情况怎么样了?

B: It’s a relief, but there’s still a lot of cleanups to do.

松了一口气,但还有很多清理工作要做。

A: I’m so glad you’re safe. If you need help with anything, please let me know.

我很高兴你没事。如果你需要任何帮助,请告诉我。

B: Thanks, that means a lot. It’s going to take time, but we’re getting there.

谢谢。恢复需要时间,但我们慢慢来。

A: Stay strong. I’ll check in again soon.

保持坚强。我很快会再联系你。